Monday, January 28, 2013


2 comments:

  1. Hey my friend Amanda shared your link. I have a question for you. I pretty much have NEVER worked out a day in my life. I have for the most part been happy with me! after 2 kids I would like to ton my abs a little. when ever i do work out how ever my lower back starts to hurt and I end up having to pause and rest my back. I push till my back hurts and I have yet to have my abs feel that amazing work out burn the following day. What am I doing wrong?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Nicole thanks for checking out my blog and for the question! I have some good news most likely you aren't doing anything wrong! Sounds like you have a muscle imbalance which is super easy to fix. Your back is an opposing muscle to your abs. So most likely the back is just not strong enough to handle the work load of the abs. An example of this is sprinters who chronically pull their hamstrings. A sprinter may be running a race and be looking great when all of the sudden they pull up grabbing the back of their leg. Even though they were feeling great their hamstrings weren't strong enough to keep up with the work load of their quads. I hope that makes sense. If not please let me know. So in short we just need to do some rehab work on your back to get it strong enough to handle the abs. Now if you have had an injury in the past that is another story all together so please let me know if that is the case. Also as far as toning for the abs go, most of that is nutrition. So avoid sugars and pound water. I will be posting a video tomorrow about slimming down the waistline so look out for that. Thanks again for the question. Please let me know if there is anything else I can do for you.

      Delete